- Since February 2014
Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Chemical Engineering, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
- February 2015 – January 2016
Postdoctoral Research fellow, Laboratory for Artificial Biology, University of Trento, Italy
- May 2012 – January 2014
Research associate in the Chemical Robotics Laboratory, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
- 2006 – 2010
PhD study in chemical engineering, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
Project title: “Design, synthesis and characterization of structured particles for chemical robots“
- 2001 – 2006
MSc study in chemical engineering, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
Diploma thesis: “Studies of atypical aggregation of Dictyostelium discoideum”
- September 2015
lecturer in the TRUCE Summer School on Unconventional Computation, Malaga, Spain
- June/August 2013
Invited visitor of Osaka University, Japan
- April – June 2013
COBRA exchange visit of Martin Hanczyc in the Center for Fundamental Living Technology (FLinT) at University of Southern Denmark
- February 2008
Hands-on Agilent winter school, Linz, Austria
- August – October 2007
Summer school Physbio 2007, Saint Etienne de Tinée, France
- October 2005 – February 2006
Erasmus student at the Otto-von-Guericke University in Magdeburg, Germany (Biophysics group of Marcus Hauser)
- 2017 Canon Foundation Research Fellowship
- Best Poster Award, ALIFE 2016 (4.-8.7.2016, Cancún, México)
- Crytur Award 2016, 2nd place, for supervision of the best diploma thesis (student Ondřej Rychecký)
- Rector’s Award, 2016, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
- Rector’s Award, 2014, University of Chemistry and Technology, Prague
- Best Poster Award, 1st place, The 7th Young Researchers’ Retreat (29.-31.7.2013, Kyoto, Japan), selected out of over 70 participants
- participation in the Czech final of FameLab 2011
- Rhodia Award for Chemistry, 4th place (2010)
- Best Poster Award, 1st place, World Student Conference on Particle Technology (22.-25.4.2010, Delft, Netherland), selected out of over 50 PhD students world-wide
- Chemical Engineering section of SVK University Science Competition, 2nd place (2005)
- Artificial chemotaxis (oriented movement in concentration gradients)
- Stimuli-responsive behaviour (synthesis and characterization of temperature-responsive particles)
- Cell growth triggered release (hybrid living/artificial microcapsules)
- Pattern formation in Dictyostelium discoideum
- Unconventional computing
- Artificial life
- 2017-2019: Junior Research Grant from the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic “Towards the understanding of evaporation induced pattern formation of decanol droplets” (PI)
- 2015-present: EC project “EVOBLISS – Technological Evolution of Synergy Between Physicochemical and Living Systems” (team member, webmaster)
- 2012-2015: EC project “MICREAGENTS – Microscale Chemically Reactive Electronic Agents” (team member, principal investigator at UCT Prague – prof. Štěpánek)
- 2008-2013: ERC grant “CHOBOTIX – Chemical Processing by Swarm Robotics” (team member, principal investigator prof. Štěpánek)
- 2010: student grant of UCT Prague “Experimental study of chemical robots’ behavior in model surrounding“
- 2009: student grant of UCT Prague “Comparative studies of chemical and physical characterization of chemical robots’ bodies“
- 2008: student grant of UCT Prague “New metal substrates suitable for analysis by Raman spectroscopy and surface plasmon resonance”
- 2007: student grant of UCT Prague “Preparation of large-area SERS-active substrates for measurement of Raman spectral maps and testing of their surface nanostructure”
- Rychecký O., Majerská M., Král V., Štěpánek F., Čejková J. (2016), Spheroid cultivation of HT-29 carcinoma cell line in liquid marbles, Chemical Papers, doi:10.1007/s11696-016-0026-2
- Čejková J., Štěpánek F., Hanczyc M. (2016), Evaporation-induced pattern formation of decanol droplets, Langmuir 32, 4800-4805.
- Čejková J., Rychecký O. (2016) Tekuté kuličky, Chemické listy, accepted.
- Čejková J., Novák M., Štěpánek F., Hanczyc M. (2014), Dynamics of chemotactic droplets in salt concentration gradients, Langmuir ,30(40), 11937–11944.
- Čejková J., Haufová P., Gorný D., Hanuš J., Štěpánek F. (2013), Biologically triggered liberation of sub-micron particles from alginate microcapsules, J. Mater. Chem. B 1, 5456-5461.
- Čejková J. (2013), Dictyostelium discoideum – model system not only for biologists, Chemické listy 107, 563-600.
- Čejková J., Štěpánek F. (2013), Compartmentalized and internally structured particles for drug delivery, Current Pharmaceutical Design 19(35), 6298-6314.
- Prokopec V., Kokaislová A., Čejková J., Dendisová M., Člupek M., Matějka P. (2011), Spectroscopic study of SERS- and SEIRA- activity of copper large-scaled surface substrates prepared by electrochemical deposition: what is the role of oxidation-reduction cycle treatment?, Journal of Molecular Structure 993, 410-419.
- Čejková J., Hanuš J., Štěpánek F. (2010), Investigation of internal microstructure and thermo-responsive properties of composite PNIPAM/silica microcapsules. J. Coll. Interf. Sci. 346, 352-360.
- Čejková J., Ševčíková H., Krausová L., Přibyl M., Štěpánek F., Marek M. (2010) A new traveling wave pattern of Dictyostelium in the presence of cAMP in the agar. Physica D 239, 879-888.
- Čejková J., Prokopec V., Brázdová S., Kokaislová A., Matějka P., Štěpánek F. (2009), Characterization of copper SERS-active substrates prepared by electrochemical deposition. Applied Surface Science 255, 7864-7870.
- Kokaislová A., Brázdová S., Prokopec V., Člupek M., Čejková J., Matějka P. (2009), Příprava SERS-aktivních měděných substrátů katodickou redukcí a vyhodnocení jejich struktury pomocí mikroskopie atomárních sil. Chemické listy 103, 246-250.
- Hilgardt C., Čejková J., Hauser M. J. B., Ševčíková H. (2008), Streamless aggregation of Dictyostelium in the presence of isopropylidenadenosin. Biophysical Chemistry 132, 9-17.
- Prokopec V., Čejková J., Matějka P., Hasal P. (2008), Preparation of SERS-active substrates with large surface area for Raman spectral mapping and testing of their surface nanostructure. Surface and Interface Analysis 40, 601-607.
Čejková J., Holler S., Nguyenová T.Q., Kerrigan C., Štěpánek F., Hanczyc, M. M. “Chemotaxis and chemokinesis of living and non-living objects”, in Advances in Unconventional Computing, Volume 2: Prototypes, Models and Algorithms, (Adamatzky A., ed.) Springer, pp. 245-260 (2016).
Selected Oral and Poster Presentations
(selected from over 50 oral and poster presentations)
- Čejková J.: Unconventional maze solving problems by using biological and artificial chemotaxis. CHISA 2015, Seč u Chrudimi, Czech Republic, 9.-12.11.2015 (invited speaker).
- Čejková J., Hanczyc M.M., Štěpánek F.: “Chemo-taxi” – oil droplets for targeted cargo delivery, EMN Meeting on Droplets, Phuket, Thailand, 8.-11.5.2015 (invited speaker).
- Čejková J., Haufová P., Gorný D., Štěpánek F.: “Artificial spores” – hybrid alginate microcapsules with encapsulated yeast cells, ECAL 2013 (12th European Conference on Artificial Life), Taormina, Italy, 2.-6.9.2013.
- Čejková J., Štěpánek F.: Chemical Processing by Swarm Robotics, Association in Solution III Self-Assembly: From Bio-Colloids to Nano- Engineering, Bifröst University, Iceland, 23.-27.7. 2012.
- Čejková J., Tokárová V., Štěpánek F.: Synthesis of PNIPAM/SiO2 and PNIPAM/Fe3O4 microcarries for controlled delivery of molecular and nanoparticle payloads, 7th European Congress of Chemical Engineering, Prague, 28.8.-1.9.2010.
- Čejková J., Tokárová V., Štěpánek F.: Synthesis and characterization of thermo-responsive composite PNIPAM/Fe3O4 microcapsules, 7th International Conference on Fine Particle Magnetism (ICFPM-2010), Uppsala, Sweden, 21.-24.6.2010.
- Čejková J., Štěpánek F.: Synthesis and characterization of hybrid PNIPAM-silica microparticles prepared by inverse Pickering emulsion polymerization, 6th World Congress of Particle Technology, Nuremberg, Germany, 26.-29.4.2010.
- Čejková J., Štěpánek F.: Experimental study of artificial cells adhesion under flow, 13th IACIS International Conference on Surface and Colloid Science and the 83rd ACS Colloid & Surface Science Symposium, New York, USA, 14.-19.6.2009.
- FameLab (Czech finalist 2011, member of Czech committee 2014, FameLab Hall in Natural Museum in London 2014, FameLab Echos in Prague 2014)
- Open Science project (Czech Academy of Science) –“Jitka Čejková – Kurátorka mikrorobotů”
- project STEP (UCT Prague)
- teaching experience at University of Chemistry and Technology (teaching in Czech and English): Chemical Engineering, Dispersion systems, Microchemical engineering, Laboratory training in chemical engineering (unit operations), Laboratory of manufacturing of nano- and micromaterials, Laboratory of characterization of nano- and microsystems, Chemical Industry and the Environment, Chemical engineering projects
- supervision of bachelor and master students
- faculty coordinator of Student scientific conference (UCT Prague)
- webmaster (Faculty of Chemical Engineering in UCT Prague, EU project Evobliss, Laboratory for Artificial Biology etc.)